Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp hot sauce (we used Louisiana)
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic (smashed)
ground black pepper
5 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tsp turmeric
Corn Flake Coating Mix
2Cups crushed corn flakes (pick a brand that tastes good to you)
3/4 cup grated SPICY parmesan cheese
3 Lbs. chicken (bathed and pat dry)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fit a sheet tray with a wire rack and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the buttermilk brine, mix together buttermilk, lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and coat with mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
- To make the corn flake coating, mix corn flakes, parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, letting the excess liquid drip off, and dredge in the corn flake coating. Press firmly to make the coating adhere to the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the prepared wire rack/tray and bake 45 minutes or until golden, crisp, and juices run clear (cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken parts and your oven).